Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Breezy Easy

Hello. I am Seashells' mommy. I'm over 30 with two beautiful girls. We will call them Sea and Shell. Sea is 5 years and in Kindergarten. Shell is 11 months and in pre-school.



I'm discovering this homeschool gig is Breezy Easy! I'm not sure about you, but I totally freaked out when I entered into my first year of official homeschool. I've learned a great deal in a few short months. At first, I believed I was the only mother who was about to loose it at any moment (and a few times I did). All of the options for homeschooling looked Greek to me. I wasn't sure, I made the right decision for our family.

My first stop was the learning store. In my area, we are blessed with Lakeshore Learning. I had a baby registry there (just kidding). I love learning stores. I wonder if I'm the only person who could literally live in an educational warehouse and be completely satisfied.

My next stop was the local co-op. I spent several months researching the programs and attending the support group meetings. I must say, I met wonderful groups of homeschooling mommas! A year later, I enrolled our family into a half-day program. I soon realized this aspect of co-ops did not fit into our family and homeschool culture (at least for right now). Cheers to all the co-op lovers out there! I'll see you at Mom's Night Out and the Science Fair.

Thus far, I've learned what works for your family, will most likely not work for my family. Huge life lesson: Don't worry about what the next family is doing, has done, or will do...do what's right for you and yours. Be inspired by your network of family, friends, and neighbors. Never compare and/or evaluate your own self worth or that of your homeschooling abilities. Never underestimate a mother's hidden insecurities.

So here I am blogging at HOME. It's my next stop along this new, crazy journey of homeschooling. I hope my blog will inspire you and lead you blazing your own trail into the adventurous world of homeschooling. I'm not perfect, nor will I ever claim to be. Here at home, I've learned to Let Go and Let God. I'm calling my new journey, Breezy Easy Homeschool. I'm instilling a love for learning, not drilling the need to succeed.


My homeschool motto is, once you introduce your child to the love of learning, step back and watch the winds of wonder blow them into the fields of learning! (Photo: Sea sitting in Shell's reading corner, preparing to read aloud when her baby sister wakes up from her nap.)

Oh yes, please do not look for a perfect blog here, the only thing you'll find is a mom being perfectly imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment